This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (http://www.seqlegal.com) and modified by us.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website, but they do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user.
Types of cookies
There are two types of cookies according to their duration:
- Persistent cookies: will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date.
- Session cookies: will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies used on this website can be classified according to their use as follows:
- Technical cookies: needed for the proper functioning of the website or any of its features.
- Personalization cookies: used to store your preferences, for example your preferred language.
- Analytics cookies: used to collect aggregated anonymous statistical information (not personal) on the number of users that visit the site and their behaviour, language, country, etc.
The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
|Cookie Law Info plugin into Apps4Speaking.com||viewed_cookie_policy||1 year||To know whether the user has already visited the site and clicked on ACCEPT into the message about cookies, so the message will not be shown again on subsequent visits.td>||Cookie Law Info plugin website|
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website generating aggregated anonymous statistical information by means of cookies.
The analytics cookies used by our website are the following:
|Google Analytics||_gat||10 minutes||Used to throttle request rate||Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites|
|Google Analytics||_ga||2 years||Used to distinguish users anonymously||Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites|
The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website.
Google stores information on servers in the United States and agrees not to share it with others, except where necessary for system operation or when required by law.
Third party cookies
Our website uses the Sumome WordPress plugin for easy sharing of content in various services such as social networks, providing anonymous analytics about such activities. It also allows developing “heat maps” that show where users have clicked the most.
|Sumome plugin into Apps4Speaking||_smToken||Permanent||Technical cookie used by the Sumome plugin||Sumome website|
Blocking and deleting cookies
Most browsers allows you to refuse to accept cookies or delete cookies already stored on your computer.
For example you can find information on blocking cookies on most used browsers here:
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website. For example:
- You will not be able to share content of this site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not adapt the content to your personal preferences.
- The website will not perform analytics about visitors and traffic on the web, making it difficult for us to adapt web contents to your tastes and preferences.
- Neither this website nor their legal representatives can ensure the proper or improper handling of cookies by any web browser.
- For any queries about this cookies policy do not hesitate to contact us through our contact form.